- Formatting – Keep formatting simple and easy to read. Unique fonts may be hard for recruiters or hiring managers to read and may take away from your resume.
- Length – Two pages (1 double sided) is a common length of a resume
- Contact information – Ensure that your contact information is visible at the top of the resume
- Content – This section will be the bulk of the resume and should include professional experience, education, any applicable license or certifications, specific training experiences
- Personal Information – Carefully consider any personal information added to a resume. Only list information that would be relevant to the job.
- Review the qualifications for each role you have an interest in before applying. Your best opportunity to interview will be for positions where you meet or exceed qualifications.
- We recommend that you upload a copy of your resume when you apply online.
- In addition to submitting your resume online, we ask that you also complete the application form in its entirety.
- Be sure to submit a cover letter as well. Your resume should illustrate your qualifications for the position and the cover letter should illustrate your interest.
- Review your application materials to ensure they reflect the position you are applying to. Listing the wrong job title or company could be a costly mistake.
- Once you have successfully completed the online application, you will receive a confirmation email.
- Please note, candidates are limited to 10 active applications. Once you have 10 active applications, you will not be able to apply for additional roles until your application(s) have been dispositioned by an HR Representative.
- After applying online your application will be reviewed by one of our recruiters in HR and if qualifications are met, will be forwarded to the appropriate hiring manager(s) for review.
- Tufts Medical Center receives a large number of applications each year. We do our best to have as much personal contact with candidates as possible. We first focus our efforts on reaching out to candidates who have been selected for interviews.
- Tufts MC is committed to hiring and promoting from within whenever possible. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply for positions of interest and selection will be based on several factors.
- Plan to arrive early. Traffic and parking can add time on to your trip to campus. There is also paperwork for you to complete when you arrive to HR prior to your first interview.
- Bring several copies of your updated resume with you. You will likely meet with a member of the Human Resources team and at least one manager within the hiring department.
- Be prepared to explain your relevant experience and skills related to the position you are interviewing for.
- Answer questions genuinely – honesty is the best policy!
- If you have any gaps in your work experience, be prepared to explain why.
- Once you have completed an interview on campus with an HR Representative in Human Resources and the hiring team, the HR Representative will walk you through next steps in the process
- It will be up to the department’s discretion if follow up interviews will be scheduled
- We check references online through a website called SkillSurvey. This process is initiated by the HR Representative and will be initiated via email. SkillSurvey will give you access to their website and will provide instructions for you to log into the site and enter the contact information for your references online. Your references will be contacted via email with an electronic feedback form to complete.
- References may be checked on multiple candidates and used as a determining factor in the hiring decision
- Once reference checks are complete they will be reviewed by the hiring manager
- The hiring manager will make the final hiring decision for each role. The HR Representative will contact the final candidate with details of the job offer and if accepted, will walk the new hire through the steps of the on boarding process.
- If you have questions after your interview, please connect with the HR Representative who interviewed you.
- Candidates may check their application status by logging into our career website and viewing the "Application History" tab in their profile.
It is the policy of Tufts Medical Center, consistent with federal and state law, to provide equal opportunity to all applicants for employment and all employees with respect to the administration of personnel policies and practices, including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, disciplinary action, layoff, termination and other terms and conditions of employment, without regard to an individual’s actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, genetic traits and any other classification protected by law; and ensure that all employment decisions are based on valid job requirements.