- Employment Type: Full Time
- Shift: Days
- Hours: M-F 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
- Location: Boston, MA
Maintain medical equipment used in the hospital. Under minimal supervision, installs, repairs, calibrates, modifies, or fabricates prototype of new electronic devices.
- Repairs, calibrates and inspects medical equipment using standard electronic test equipment to assure safe and proper operation in the hospital.
- Performs preventive maintenance on medical equipment in compliance with manufacture or department developed maintenance procedures, ensures equipment operating within manufacturers' specifications.
- Assists Director or Supervisor in equipment purchase evaluation.
- Documents all actions such as repair, PM, calibration, inspection, modification, user training, parts used, failure codes in the Equipment Management System.
- Assists in training new technicians and patients in the use of particular electronic devices.
- Orders and maintains inventory of parts and supplies in the department.
- Installs new medical equipment/systems in the hospital.
- May, based on department policy, be required to participate in on-call rotation.
- Coordinate, monitor and document outside contractors' performance.
- The preceding data are intended to convey information essential to making fair pay decisions about the job, and are not exhaustive lists the skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with it.
- Level of knowledge generally obtained through an Associate's Degree in electronics with one-year experience as an electronic technician.
- Ability to verbally communicate with patients and non-technical people.
- Ability to occasionally lift weights up to 50 pounds.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES STATEMENT:
Must be able to perform all essential functions of this position with reasonable accommodation if disabled.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Tufts Medical Center reserves the right to modify position duties at any time, to reflect process improvements and business necessity.