- Employment Type: Part Time
- Shift: Days
- Hours: 7:00am-3:30pm
- Location: Boston, MA
Responsible for the accurate and complete collection and capture of patient registration data for an assigned area in the pre-registration and verification call center.
Reviews and verifies scheduled ambulatory visits for an assigned area, including confirmation that valid insurance coverage exists, that a referral is authorized for specialty visits, and the accuracy of primary care physician data for all managed care patients.
- High school diploma or equivalent required and Associates degree preferred.
- 2-3 years of experience in insurance, managed care, private physician's office practice or hospital registration setting.
- Strong customer service skills including excellent interpersonal and telephone skills.
- High degree of tact is necessary due to frequent interaction with patients, physicians, and insurance companies.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of health care delivery systems with special emphasis on the referral management process for managed care providers.
- Thorough understanding of Medicare and Medicaid programs with the ability to identify primary payers.
- Ability to perform accurate data entry with basic word-processing skills.
- Excellent organizational skills required with attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize work and be flexible with work assignments.
- Fluency in a second language is helpful.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES STATEMENT:
Must be able to perform all essential functions of this position with reasonable accommodation if disabled.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. New England Medical Center reserves the right to modify position duties at any time, to reflect process improvements and business necessity.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.