- Employment Type: Per Diem
- Shift: Weekends
- Location: Boston, MA
Under general supervision of a pharmacist and following established policies and procedures, this position picks, delivers, and refills medications for the automated dispensing machines. Prepares, and packages, unit dose medication, following established protocols and guidelines. As patients care requires, the pharmacy intern will work with the nursing units to monitor, evaluate, and retrieve mediation for discharged patients.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- The pharmacy technician trainee will: pick, deliver, and refill medication for automated dispensing machines.
- Deliver bulk medication and IV solutions to the nursing units.
- Do automated dispensing reject charging.
- Pre-pack medications.
- Restock medication in the proper bins.
- Pre-pack oral solutions.
- Do monthly inventory of the automated dispensing on non-narcotics.
- Do monthly inspections of medical area (room).
- Do daily temperature inspections of the refrigerator in the automated dispensing machine.
- Maintains collaborative, team relationships with peers and colleagues in order to effectively contribute to the working groups achievement of goals, and to help foster a positive work environment
- Performs other similar job related duties as required or directed
JOB KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Good moral character
- Must not have been convicted of a drug related felony or admitted to sufficient facts to warrant such findings.
- High school graduate or the equivalent or currently enrolled in a program, which awards such a degree.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience, which provides proficiency in the areas of responsibility listed above, may be substituted for the above education and experience requirements.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Ability to walk and stand 90% of the day and to occasionally lift up to 30 pounds.
- Work requires regularly reaching and grasping below, at, and above shoulder level.
- Work requires regularly pushing and/or pushing non-motorized equipment (e.g. carts, IV rolling rack, and medication rolling racks, etc.) weighing 40 to 60 pounds.
- Work requires regularly grasping and fine manipulation with hands.
- Work requires reading automated dispensing reports regularly.
- Works in an area with some discomfort due to dust, dirt, and temperature changes.
- Possibility of cuts from broken glass and some exposure to hazardous chemicals.
- Job requires performance of duties that involve no potential exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES STATEMENT:
Must be able to perform all essential functions of this position with reasonable accommodation if disabled.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. New England Medical Center reserves the right to modify position duties at any time, to reflect process improvements and business necessity.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.